Why the World is not getting Worse

2017 Update: We must keep in mind that progress is not a linear process.  After a year of terrible attacks and crisis, many people have the feeling that the world is getting worse. But is that really so? Here is my year-end speech for you (; An article I read today and my FB newsfeed inspired me to add some facts to the subjective feeling that everything is becoming worse. The world in 2015 – A retrospective With all the terrible things happening all over the world it is easy to see why we would get the feeling that 2015 was a terrible year and humanity is going down. Paris, Donald… Read More

Continue Reading

The Four Candles – Short Story

An Advent Story Four candles were lit on the Advent wreath. It was so quiet that you could hear when the candles started to talk. The first candle with a sigh of resignation said: “My name is Peace. My light shines, but the people do not keep the peace.” Her light became smaller and smaller until it faded. The second candle flickered and said: “My name is Belief. I am completely needless as the people are not interested in me anymore. There is no point in me burning. A draft of air blows through the room, and the candle was out. Quietly and sad the third candle started to speak:… Read More

Continue Reading

Winning the Game of Money Review 2016

Brain-A-Thon Review Update Read the full Review HERE What has changed? On December 4th, 2015 the newest version of John Assaraf´s Brain-A-Thon, the 4th annual Brain-A-Thon, has premiered. As I have already reviewed the full program I will focus on the changes.  Please read the full review HERE. Accessibility The whole product portal has been reworked. Minor bugs have been removed and the product access portal is faster and more clearly arranged. Definitely a good change. New Bonuses added The full list of included features and items is HERE. This chapter describes only the bonuses that have been added in the 2016 version of the Brain-A-Thon. The list of deliverables was mindblowing… Read More

Continue Reading

Review of Story Seekers, Mike Bosworth Leadership

Story Seekers Open Workshop This honest review of Story Seekers will look at the good and the bad. Mike Bosworth founded Mike Bosworth Leadership in 2008. In the late 90ties, he became a legend of sales training with his Solution Selling program. Back then (and that has not changed until this day) around 20 % (or less) of the salespeople accounted for 80 % of the sales. Mike´s mission was to help the 80 % underperforming salespeople to keep up with the pack at the top. Mike´s headache It turned out that Solution Selling made the top 20 % even better. But it did not make the other 80 % better.… Read More

Continue Reading

GMO and Organic Food Labeling

A Conflict in Food Labeling? Here is a thought I just had while I was chopping organic carrots. Yes, “organic carrots”. I was cutting carrots really but for some reason companies that produce food in natural ways have to go through a complicated and lengthy process to be allowed to tell me that they produced a healthy carrot in a sustainable way. Monsanto put on trial for crimes against the People Yesterday I read that Monsanto finally has been put on trial for crimes against humanity. Not for even a fraction of their “crimes” but it´s a start. It gave me back some hope. I cannot say for how many… Read More

Continue Reading

Killing time around Christmas

Time is all we have “Time is a game played beautifully by children.” Heraclitus German author Erich Kastner said: Remember the 5th commandment, don´t kill your time. Wait, that doesn’t sound right. It should say: “Thou shalt not kill”. Is this rewording just a catchy phrase or is a deeper meaning hidden behind it? In the end of the day, time is all we have left before we die. Lifetime. Killing time is like killing a little bit of yourself. I am probably guilty of some killing of time myself. I love the picture above this line. It looks so fragile and precious and is a great metaphor for the… Read More

Continue Reading